- That’s all she wrote for Genesis. The legendary band played its final show on Saturday night (March 26th) at London’s O2 Arena. Although co-founding frontman Peter Gabriel was in the crowd and visited backstage with Phil Collins, Tony Banks, and Mike Rutherford — he never took to the stage, depriving die-hards of one last time to see most of the band’s classic ’70s lineup together.
- Ringo Starr‘s eldest son, Who drummer Zak Starkey, married his girlfriend of 18 years, musician Sharna “Sshh” Liguz, on March 21st at L.A.’s Sunset Marquis. The couple chose the date to fall on daughter Luna Lee Lightnin‘s first birthday. Zak was given away by the former-Beatle, with Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder serving as his best man. (People)
- The Eagles have just announced a new Las Vegas date on May 28th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The show will serve as the final Hotel California tour date for 2022. Tickets go on sale Friday, April 1st at 10 a.m. PDT via AXS.com.
- A variety of presales are available starting Thursday, March 31st at 10 a.m. PDT. A limited number of VIP packages, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise, parking and more, will also be available. (Press release)
- Married Talking Heads co-founders drummer Chris Frantz and bassist Tina Weymouth revealed they were involved in a head-on collision with a drunk driver two weeks ago. Frantz posted on Facebook he was “struck head on by a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the road.” Weymouth is recovering having suffered three fractured ribs and a fractured sternum.
- Frantz wrote: “Incredibly, we walked away from the collision. Tina has been in a lot of pain but she will get better with time. I give thanks to our guardian angels and to the Ford Motor Company for building a car that protected us from getting killed.” (Pitchfork)
- Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer has taken a temporary leave of absence from the band. In a statement to USA Today, “(Kramer) regrettably made the decision to sit out the band’s concerts in 2022 so he can focus his full attention on his family during these uncertain times. He and the band look forward to his future performances with Aerosmith.” No specific reasons were given for why Kramer was staying off the road. (Rolling Stone)
- Out now is Changeup — the new 25-track acoustic set from Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. Among the classic Jett tunes reinvented for the set are “Bad Reputation,” “Fake Friends,” “(I’m Gonna) Run Away,” “Cherry Bomb,” “Crimson And Clover,” and “Light Of Day.”
- Here’s the complete track list of Changeup:
“(I’m Gonna) Run Away”
“You’re Too Possessive”
“Victim Of Circumstance”
“Coney Island Whitefish”
“Love Is Pain”
“Oh Woe Is Me”
“You Drive Me Wild”
“Soulmates To Strangers”
“Make It Back”
“I Love Playin’ With Fire”
“I Want You”
“Crimson And Clover”
“A 100 Feet Away”
“You Don’t Know What You’ve Got”
“Light Of Day”