Not many things are better to me then sitting down to watch a good flick. Now that it’s 2017 it dawned on me, we have a ton of movies that are turning 30 years old this year. So I made a list of my favorite 30 movies that are turning 30 years old this year. Remember this is just my list. They are also not in any particular order.
1. Full Metal Jacket / Best war movie ever and R Lee Ermey is unforgettable as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.
2. The Princess Bride
3. Predator / “Get to the chopper!”
4. Spaceballs / I’m a Star Wars fan and a Mel Brooks fan, match made in heaven.
5. Lethal Weapon
7. The Lost Boys / 30 years later, still the coolest vampires ever.
8. The Running Man / Second movie on this list from my boy Arnold Schwarzenegger.
9. Masters of the Universe
10. Hellraiser / Read the book this was made from “The Hellbound Heart” if you liked the movie you will love the book.
11. Adventures in Babysitting / It was weird seeing a girl in the 80’s in love with Thor. 2017 every girl loves Thor, thanks Chris Hemsworth.
12. Beverly Hills Cop II
13. Evil Dead II / “Gimme back my hand…GIMME BACK MY HAND!
14. Raising Arizona
15. Harry and the Hendersons
16. Good Morning, Vietnam
17. Over the Top / It was more or less Rocky with arm wrestling and 18 wheelers, that’s all I needed.
18. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
19. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
20. Planes, Trains & Automobiles
21. The Monster Squad / I watched this for the first time a few years ago. If you have kids rock it out next Halloween you will not be disappointed.
22. Summer School / Chainsaw & Dave the original Beavis & Butt-Head.
23. Bad Taste / Who knew this guy would go on to make The Lord of the Rings movies.
24. Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
25. Creepshow 2
26. The Gate
27. Ernest Goes to Camp / “Know what I mean Vern?”
28. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
29. Born in East L.A.
30. *Batteries Not Included