THE FOX BIG MONEY MASH-UP FALL 2018 CONTEST RULES
- Listen to 103.9 The Fox weekday mornings at 7:20am for us to play a montage of three clips from Classic Rock songs, referred to as The Fox Big Money Mashup.
- At a random time later that same day, but prior to 7:00pm, we will solicit the contest by replaying The Fox Big Money Mashup. We will then open the radio station’s studio line, 810-230-WRSR (810-230-9777).
- The first caller who can identify the title of all three songs in the Fox Big Money Mashup wins the $250 cash prize. If the first caller is incorrect, we will continue to take calls until a listener identifies the title of all three songs. The Fox may or may not choose to air incorrect guesses, and instead air only the listener with the correct answers.
- The Fox Big Money Mashup contest will be played once per day, weekdays beginning Monday, September 17th through Friday, October 12th, 2018. All WRSR General Contest Rules apply to The Fox Big Money Mashup unless superseded by these contest rules.
- You may only win one cash contest, and there can only be one cash contest winner per household during The Fox Big Money Mashup (from September 17th through October 12th).
- Winners must verify identity and eligibility at the station with proper ID, and must complete all required legal documentation. The $250 cash prize will then be mailed to each winner in the form of a check. Winners should receive prize within 14 days.
- The total prize money awarded with The Fox Big Money Mashup is $5,000.
- Winners must be at least 18 years of age.
- 103.9 The Fox can’t be held responsible for phone malfunctions that may occur during the execution of the contest.
- Contestants grant 103.9 The Fox the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character likeness, voice, and that fact that he/she has participated in and won a contest without additional compensation.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, associated with receipt of the prize. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged.
- All contest winners must provide their social security numbers in order to claim their prize. 103.9 The Fox agrees not to release the winner’s information to any third party. Contestants who refuse to release their social security number may be disqualified.
- The Fox Big Money Mashup winners agree and undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Krol Communications Inc., WRSR-FM (103.9 The Fox), and all sponsors and their agents, servants, and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability and expenses in connection with the acceptance of their cash prize.
- 103.9 The Fox retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law. 103.9 The Fox reserves the right to change the rules or discontinue the contest without notice.
- Employees of Krol Communications Inc., 103.9 The Fox, contest sponsors, other radio companies and their families are not eligible to participate in any aspect of the contest.
- 103.9 The Fox reserves the right to substitute prize for one of equal value. No purchase necessary, and all decisions are final.
WRSR GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted on WRSR, unless otherwise specified.
1. All contests are open to WRSR listeners’ 18 years of age or older. Employees of WRSR, its licensee, KROL COMMUNICATIONS INC and participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations, and the members of their immediate families residing in the same household are ineligible to participate or win.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise.
3. Contestants may only win one prize per person or per household every thirty (30) days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Contests with major prizes may have additional restrictions.
4. Station and the Company are not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the Station and the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.
6. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
1. All “prize winnings” must be picked up at the office of WRSR, G-4511 Miller Road, Flint, Mi 48507 between normal business hours of 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays, unless otherwise notified. The winner will forfeit all “prize winnings” if not claimed. In the event that “prize winnings” are mailed to the winner, it will be with prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. WRSR is not responsible for the safe arrival of “prize winnings”.
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, the Company, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
3. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for “prizes”, except that the sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute “prizes” of comparable value or cash. Any “prize winnings” do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. All winners of “gift certificates” will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the prize provider. Other restrictions may apply. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4.Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of the Station. Such prizes may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
6. By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to the Station and the Company’s use of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous.
1. Odds of winning depend on how the contest is conducted. For random drawing contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
2. Copies of these general contest rules and list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WRSR or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the station at WRSR, G-4511 Miller Road, Flint, Mi 48507.
3. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Station, Krol Communications Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility of liability in connections with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station reserves the right to change, alter, or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. Station reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.
5. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
6. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
7. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification at the sole discretion of WRSR.