WRSR GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted on WRSR, unless otherwise specified.
1. All contests are open to WRSR listeners’ 18 years of age or older. Employees of WRSR, its licensee, KROL COMMUNICATIONS INC and participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations, and the members of their immediate families residing in the same household are ineligible to participate or win.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. After winning a contest, contestants/winners are ineligible to win another prize for a period of 30 days.
3. Contestants may only win one prize per person or per household every thirty (30) days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Contests with major prizes may have additional restrictions.
4. Station and the Company are not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the Station and the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.
6. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
1. All “prize winnings” must be picked up at the office of WRSR, G-4511 Miller Road, Flint, Mi 48507 between normal business hours of 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays, unless otherwise notified. The winner will forfeit all “prize winnings” if not claimed. In the event that “prize winnings” are mailed to the winner, it will be with prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. WRSR is not responsible for the safe arrival of “prize winnings”.
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, the Company, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
3. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for “prizes”, except that the sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute “prizes” of comparable value or cash. Any “prize winnings” do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. All winners of “gift certificates” will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the prize provider. Other restrictions may apply. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4.Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of the Station. Such prizes may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
6. By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to the Station and the Company’s use of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous.
1. Odds of winning depend on how the contest is conducted. For random drawing contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
2. Copies of these general contest rules and list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WRSR or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the station at WRSR, G-4511 Miller Road, Flint, Mi 48507.
3. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Station, Krol Communications Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility of liability in connections with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station reserves the right to change, alter, or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. Station reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.
5. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
6. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
7. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification at the sole discretion of WRSR.
103.9 The Fox $5,000 Cash Giveaway Contest Rules (April 2019)
- Qualifying for The Fox $5,000 Cash Giveaway will start Monday, April 1st, and will end on Friday, April 26th, 2019. The grand prize drawing will take place on 4/30/2019 at a pre-determined location.
- 103.9 The Fox will play the contest sounder at approximately 7:20am, 10:20am, 2:20pm and 5:20pm weekdays. The sounder may change throughout the contest. Once the cue to call has aired, a member of the WRSR air staff will take the 9th caller at (810) 230-9777 to instantly qualify for the grand prize drawing. The qualifier may also win a qualifying prize.
- On 4/30/2019, all 80 qualifiers will be invited to a pre-determined location for the grand prize giveaway. If a qualifier is unable to attend, they may send a proxy, but must submit a Proxy Form at the WRSR studios. Proxies must provide proper identification including photo ID and date of birth. WRSR must be notified of all proxies by Noon on Monday, 4/29/2019. The grand prize giveaway party will take place on Tuesday, 4/30/2019.
- Upon arrival at the grand prize giveaway party, qualifiers (or their proxies) must check in and receive a key. One of the 80 keys will open a chest. The qualifier whose key opens the chest will be deemed the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner must then verify identity and eligibility at the station with proper ID, and must complete all required legal documentation, including a W-9. The $5,000 cash prize will then be mailed to the grand prize winner in the form of a check. Winners should receive prize within 14 days.
- All contest winners must provide their social security numbers in order to claim their prize. 103.9 The Fox agrees not to release the winner’s information to any third party. Winners who refuse to release their social security number may be disqualified.
- You may only win one cash contest, and there can only be one cash contest winner per household during The Fox $5,000 Cash Giveaway (from April 1st to April 26th, 2019).
- Winners and their proxies must be at least 18 years of age.
- 103.9 The Fox can’t be held responsible for phone malfunctions that may occur during the execution of the contest. The contest line is 810-230-9777.
- Winners grant 103.9 The Fox the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character likeness, voice, and that fact that he/she has participated in and won a contest without additional compensation.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, associated with receipt of the prize. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged.
- The Fox $5,000 Cash Giveaway winners agree and undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Krol Communications Inc., WRSR-FM (103.9 The Fox), and all sponsors and their agents, servants, and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability and expenses in connection with the acceptance of their $5,000 Cash Giveaway winnings.
- 103.9 The Fox retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law. 103.9 The Fox reserves the right to change the rules or discontinue the contest without notice.
- Employees of Krol Communications Inc., 103.9 The Fox, contest sponsors, other radio companies and their families are not eligible to participate in any aspect of the contest.
- 103.9 The Fox reserves the right to substitute prize for one of equal value. No purchase necessary, and all decisions are final.
- Time and location of the grand prize giveaway party will be announced on the air and made available at www.ClassicFox.com beginning 4/1/2019.
- Unless stated otherwise, all general contest rules apply.